In today’s world, there is a large amount of data getting created such as in web, online, enterprise, customer experience, enterprise logs, ebooks, e-learning, online blogs, etc. As per the prediction, the data created in the world is so large that data created in the past 3 years is equal to data created in the past 3 decades. This is because of the explosion and disruption in the e-data or the online data or web data.
One needs to understand these large amounts of data are in 3 forms, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured. To comprehend these data we need analytics and visualization tools. You need to understand Data Life Cycle Management (DLCM).
The DLCM is the process in which the data goes through the following stages
- Process or analysis
- Finally, it is purged
What is Tableau?
Tableau is the data analytics and data visualization tool, in which any amount of data, is fed and analyzed, and visualized to form the charts, diagram, or flow diagrams to easily understand the data. The data can be analyzed and visualized very fast using Tableau.
In the Gartner magic quadrant as of the year 2019, the tableau software is in the leader’s quadrant and has become not only the most advanced but the most preferred data analytics and data visualization tools in the world market. With the help of Tableau, you can make an interactive dashboard.
Tableau is used for the Blending of Data, Real-time analysis of data, the collaboration of data and to visualize the data.
Tableau comes in 5 flavours they are
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Online
- Tableau Public
- Tableau Reader
These 5 Tableau flavours can be classified into 2 categories they are
- Developer Tools – This is used for generating Interactive charts, Visualization, report generation, and the creation of dashboards. The tableau flavours that fall in these categories are Tableau Desktop and Tableau Public
- Tools for Sharing – In this classification the tools are used for sharing the charts, reports, dashboards, and visualization to many people. The tableau flavours that fall in this are Tableau Server, Tableau Online, and Tableau Reader.
Let us understand the features of the 5 flavours one by one.
- Tableau Desktop – This tool helps you to create interactive charts, visualizations, reports, and Dashboards. You can use this for the blending of data and data analytics and finally to visualize. Using tableau desktop you can do real-time analysis by directly connecting the tool to the data warehouse. The Tableau Desktop can be divided into 2 more and they are Tableau Desktop Personal and Tableau Desktop Professional based on the data sources and the data publishing options.
- Tableau Desktop Personal – is used for private use and there is no access online, it can be used offline or Public. It does not provide a publishing option. Access is limited to data sources.
- Tableau Desktop Professional – here there is a publishing option online or on the server. The access is not limited but has full access to various data sources.
- Tableau Server – This is used to publish the data charts, reports, dashboards, or visualization across the organization. You need to first publish your work on the Tableau Desktop and then share it on the server. Only the licensed users have access to the Tableau Server and the published reports. The tableau server is highly secured and the licensed users need to have access to the server but can view the reports in the browser setup.
- Tableau Online – This is an online sharing tool used for publishing reports on cloud servers. There are no storage limits to store data; it supports more than 40 data sources in the cloud such as Amazon Aurora, MySQL, SparkSQL and Hive, etc. The streaming of data from the web, for example from Google Analytics and Salesforce.com, is also supported here.
- Tableau Public – Here the data reports are stored in public servers and this is the only flavour that is cost-effective and available for the general public. You cannot store the data locally and you need to save the data only on the public servers. This is not secure, as anyone can have access to data and reports stored. This type can be used for learning purposes.
- Tableau Reader – This is a free tool and can be used only to read the reports published by tableau desktop and tableau public. You cannot make any modifications or editing to the reports and data as this is restricted, you can only filter the data. It is not secured as anyone who has access to tableau readers can view the data and the reports. It is a must software tool for viewing the reports published by the tableau desktop and tableau public.
Top 11 reasons why you should learn and use Tableau in artificial intelligence projects
- Easy to learn – Learning Tableau is easy when compared to other visualization software tools.
- Free software tools – Out of the 5 flavours, the Tableau Public and Tableau Reader are free software. You can use this to learn and make high-quality data blending, collaboration, and data visualizations.
- Takes less time to learn – Tableau takes very little time to master it and make very high-quality analytics and visualizations.
- A large amount of data can be used – It helps in analyzing a large amount of data with very minimum efforts.
- Classification of data – The tableau tool can be used easily to classify a large amount of data and make interactive charts.
- Real-time analysis of data – Tableau can be used for real-time analysis as the streaming of data from various sources and data warehouses is supported.
- A large amount of data can be stored – using Tableau you can store a large amount of data for the analysis and data rendering.
- A lot of data sources – Tableau supports more than 40 data sources from which the data can be captured for processing and representation.
- Any types of data – Tableau can be used for analyzing and rendering any types of data, thus you do not need different visualization tools for different types of data.
- Individual Growth – As Tableau has a lot of features, and is easy to learn, it helps in getting the Tableau certification and enhances the career growth of the individual. The individual with the tableau certification can grow within the organization and outside in any industry. They can become business analysts, visual analysts, data scientists, and project managers. They are preferred when compared to others in the industry. They command a high salary in the market.
- Growth of the Organization – Organization can use a large amount of data and produce excellent results in terms of understanding the data from a business point of view to make the organization profitable.
How tableau can help AI projects and a data analyst in 2020?
Tableau helps the data analyst in more than 1 way and thus has lots of features such as
- Data analysis, data visualizations, real-time data analysis, and a variety of data sources, data types, and data storage options.
- A data analyst can use Tableau to speed up data discovery and data rendering for a large amount of data and complexities.
- It helps data analyst and business to bring value to add and profitability by understanding the structuring of data, the customer habits on the web, sales team to analyze their data sets, security team to analyze a large number of logs and structure it and finance team to analyze where the most money is coming from and going out, etc.
Thus it has various applications in banking, finance, security, sales and marketing, and businesses.
One of the latest developments in the Tableau 2019.3 release is the addition of a feature called “Explain Data”.
Explain Data is a new AI-powered feature which helps in understanding the “Why” of unexpected part of the data. This feature helps in knowing the cause and relationship in the data. It uses powerful Bayesian statistical methods to analyze a large amount of data to provide the desired results. It has more than a hundred built-in explanations to scan through the data and explain the data sets.
Final Thoughts about artificial intelligence certification online
As you got the brief of the Tableau software and you have a basic understanding of the tableau tool. It’s high time to learn the Tableau tool from the institute such as “Great Learning”.
Great Learning offers an online course in Tableau and helps the candidate get the highly popular Tableau certification. Enquire and visit the “Great Learning” website to know more about their online courses.