A startup, MIND AI (https://www.mind.ai) is working on a brand new paradigm in artificial intelligence. We are looking to innovate REAL AI. Not just natural language processing but Natural Language Reasoning. We need versatile talents who are interested in changing the world. This is not deep learning but something totally new. And we need people with open and creative minds.
Artificial intelligence in a brand new paradigm. NOT deep learning/neural networks, but knowledge of same a plus. Symbolic/logical AI experience will be practiced. Developing core logic based on a new theory of information. Duties will include optimization of existing code and developing new features of the AI. We require significant experience in development activities on large projects and advanced software architecture and development in a large Common Lisp codebase. To build new components and extend existing tooling to meet project needs, and implement high-quality library components and products.
Specifically, the Lisp engineer will:
- Develop core logic based on a new theory of information.
- Optimize existing code and develop new reasoning features.
- Integrate with natural language libraries and packages such as the spaCy parser to form structured data based on our proprietary model (similar to semantic networks)
- Work with computational linguist to build up knowledge bases and further define knowledge representation
- Develop persistence model (using CL-PREVALENCE database and object serialization)
- Develop RESTful interface (HTTPS JSON based API)
- Design and develop interactive learning interface
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years programming experience, 3+ years in Lisp or Clojure programming, especially in teams
- Thorough understanding of Lisp paradigms (eg, functional & object oriented)
- Symbolic/logical AI experience; knowledge of neural networks and deep learning is a plus.
- Significant experience developing large projects and advanced software architecture.
- Experience with persistence (CL-PREVALENCE database & object serialization)
- Experience with GOFAI.
- Familiarity with formal logic.
- Experience with ontologies and taxonomies.
- Experience with RESTful API (Web Application Server such as Hunchentoot).
- Experience deploying with Docker and Kubernetes.
Condition for employment
- Work remotely but willing to travel to Seoul every two months for 6 ~ 8 weeks, or perhaps more often/a bit longer (when COVID is done)
- We will provide a relocation package if you want to relocate to Seoul (we will sponsor the working visa)
- Salary will be highly competitive.
- Please apply ONLY if you have actual Lisp/Clojure experience.